web analytics
eXTReMe Tracker

" Off I Go… To San Diego "

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Once again, I am off to beautiful and so very sunny southern California, specifically San Diego. I’m leaving later today and am flying down to San Diego. For those who don’t know, my Hubby is currently stationed in San Diego and he will be leaving that billet in early February and returning home to Washington. I’m going to San Diego to spend his last week there with him and then we’re driving ourselves home. Of course, we’ll be stopping along the way, namely Los Angeles (my hometown!) and Napa, where we’re spending our wedding anniversary. I should be home in about two weeks but because we’re not rushing home especially quickly, my actual return date will vary.

My super wonderful Mom will be staying in our home, taking care of it and of course, my sweet Baer Kitten. I hate leaving Baer; I think he suffers from a bit of separation anxiety. I’ll be honest, I do too a little but hopefully with Mom here with him he’ll be okay.

I’m thrilled to that Hubby’s returning home, and for good. He’ll be going to a shore-duty billet, which means no more time away at sea. That is going to be strange. He’s been on shore-duty once before, back when we lived in Georgia, and I have to admit, after the first six months I started looking at the calendar, asking, “so, when are you going out to sea again”? Ha-ha! It’s going to be an adjustment, that’s for sure but in spite of that, I’m so happy to have him home again.

So… my blog will be on a hiatus, meaning no new posts until I return. I will be on Twitter and probably posting lots of pictures to Instagram. And hey – if you happen to see me bopping my chunky butt around California, please don’t hesitate to say hello! I love meeting new people.

( 6 comments )

Tags: , ,

Bloglovin'. Instagram. Twitter.

6 comments   ·   jump to comment form »

1. Jenn
    January 29th, 2014 at 11:06 AM #

I hope you have a SAFE and GREAT trip! :D :D

2. Shortylegsbeauty
    January 29th, 2014 at 3:33 PM #

I am SO incredibly happy that you will have him home with you soon… for good :)
    Must be wonderful… but yes, I am sure it will take some time getting used to :)
    I wish you a WONDERFUL trip and looking forward to your return :)
    hugs
    xx

3. Miss Louise
    January 29th, 2014 at 4:34 PM #

So happy for the two of you! Have fun! :)

4. Vi
    January 29th, 2014 at 11:03 PM #

Yay! Have fun now!!! :D

5. AuttyW
    February 5th, 2014 at 11:15 PM #

I hope you have a fun and safe trip! Also Happy Anniversary!!

6. Tatjana
    February 13th, 2014 at 4:39 AM #

hey,
    I am happy to hear that your husband will be beside you for good now. I know what you mean by saying that its going to be an adjustment as your hubby is home for good. My husband works at the border, he is a boardian guard. He works about 1 h away from home but he manages to come home only for a couple of hours on his working week. His shift come 1/1 week – one week and home and other week at work etc. So when he comes home its irritating for the first days and when i finally start to get used to him being at home and near to me, he has to go to work again.))